14 November 2009

What Have I Done for Me Lately?

So many times when speaking with other women , our conversation turns to things that we enjoy doing but rarely do, such as listening to our favorite music by candlelight, hiking in the woods, or curling up with a good book.

Usually it's a story of falling into the habit of putting other people's needs and wants before our own, to such an extent that we forget or are too worn out to take time for ourselves.

For myself, I see how I compensate when my own needs are not being met by indulging in foods I know are not good for me, overspending, or giving myself a rest instead of getting in my daily exercise. As a result I've gained a tremendous amount of weight, and gone into serious debt, leaving me feeling unappealing, depressed and unhealthy.

But focusing on what is wrong in my life generally leads to more of the same.

So my current objective is to do something nice for myself each day and then blog about it, to note the effects this approach has on my mental, physical, and spiritual well-being.

DAY 1

This morning I did something I haven't done in a long, long time. Something that I used to take for granted as so much a part of my daily routine that I did not even recognize how beneficial it was.

What was this wondrous and amazing thing, you ask?

The answer is: Spa Treatment

I waxed my legs, took a long hot shower, then indulged in a pedicure, facial and full skin care regime. To follow-up I put on make up and earrings before giving my house its thorough Saturday cleaning. For the first time in a long time I felt almost pretty! And it was just for me.

Probably I won't do the spa treatment every day, but I will try to keep it up on a weekly basis at least, because it felt amazing! And it's such a simple thing to do for myself.

3 comments:

Wolf said...

Nice Layout On Your Blog!

Uza said...

Thank you!

Whole Food Pioneer said...

Good luck, you're on the right track. When we consciously choose to look for the good and do something proactive in our life - half the battle is won.

ABOUT ME

My photo
A few years ago I wandered from the path of health and well-being, gradually overwhelmed by depression, fibromyalgia, overall deteriorating health and obesity. Inside and out, I feel terrible and look worse. I am now working towards reclaiming my health and well-being. My goal is to achieve and maintain a way of living that leaves me feeling--and looking--GREAT!