08 September 2013

If I had a way of whispering into the ear of a younger me: #1


If I had a way of whispering into the ear of a younger me, one thing I would tell her would be:

Never allow yourself to become isolated.

And should you be caught off-guard one day by the realization that you have indeed become isolated, do something about it immediately!

Because without people to share life's joys and sorrow's, and without the inspiration of others who have survived the rough terrain you are currently hiking, and without a sense of being of service to someone who can really use your help....

... one's own particular set of challenges and obstacles becomes center stage of one's life--and takes on the proportions of an immovable mountain.

And everything seems so monumental, because there is nothing to help keep it all in perspective.

We need people to serve.
We need people to emulate.
We need people to talk to.
We need people to care about.
We need people to see us.

When we don't feel seen, we don't feel worthwhile.

No comments:

ABOUT ME

My photo
A few years ago I wandered from the path of health and well-being, gradually overwhelmed by depression, fibromyalgia, overall deteriorating health and obesity. Inside and out, I feel terrible and look worse. I am now working towards reclaiming my health and well-being. My goal is to achieve and maintain a way of living that leaves me feeling--and looking--GREAT!